workshops and trainings
CIRCUS ARTS THERAPY ® LEVEL 1
July 4th - July 8th, 2017 (CATT only)
OR June 30th - July 8th, 2017 (CATT + Aerial Training)
AND July 10th - 14th, 2017 (Recommended Practicum)
The Aerial portion of this training will be June 30th - July 3rd, 2017. Please click here for more information. This portion is recommended for those who wish to use the Aerial Circus Arts in their therapeutic work.
Who is the Circus Arts Therapy Training for?
Everyone! The Level One training is designed for professionals and para-professionals interested in incorporating circus arts into their work as a tool to help children, teens, adults, families and groups. This training can also assist those working in the Social Circus realm and is designed to help anyone leading groups, both therapy groups and typical-population classes.
Our training location is wheelchair accessible and any other modifications can be discussed with Carrie personally to ensure that we can meet their needs and ensure that this training is a good fit for the learner.
Creating a safe and healthy learning environment includes not discriminating (or tolerating fellow learners to discriminate) based on age, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnicity, religion, or socioeconomic status. We'd love to have EVERYONE!
- Conduct both individual and group Circus Arts Therapy sessions, and classes using ground and aerial equipment.
- Identify and facilitate different Learning Styles, and design personalized in-session and take-home programs for students and clients with challenging yet attainable goals utilizing sample skill progressions and Circus Arts Therapy methodology.
- Help students and clients improve their mental and emotional with self-esteem building exercises and empowerment tools such as Safety Circles.
- Help students and clients improve their physical health with tools such as Brain Balancing exercises to improve bilateral coordination, as well as body-balancing, core-strengthening using ground and aerial skill progressions.
- Help students and clients improve their social health with tools such as Problem Solving, Conflict Resolution, Appreciation Circles, and other effective communication tools.
- Incorporate crucial life skills such as trust, communication, leadership, problem solving, empathy, self-expression, and teamwork into sessions and classes.
See more detailed Learning Objectives here.
For more details, see a full outline of the Level One training course curriculum . Registration details and a price breakdown are also available.
For a comparison of all three Circus Arts Therapy Training Levels, please see our comparison chart.